The Trinity Trust makes grants exclusively for the benefit of the residents of Trinity County California.
A request for museum training led to a Community Response Grant for a collaborative training ultimately benefiting four local museums. A class teaching state-of-the-art artifact conservation and management skills was attended by volunteers from the Jake Jackson Museum in Weaverville, the Weaverville Volunteer Fire Department Museum, the Scott Museum in Trinity Center and the Willow-Creek China Flat Museum.
Summer Youth Grants:
The Summer Youth Mini-Grant Program will become available again in early 2019. For the past 20 years we have been committed to supporting programs that provide opportunities for children and youth to learn, play and develop in a safe, productive setting.
Grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations (must have active 501 (c) 3 status) serving Trinity County youth for programs offered between June 1 and September 1.
The average grant awarded will be $400.00. However, we recognize that some Summer Programs have special needs, and will consider applications of over $400.00 in some circumstances. Our committee of community volunteers will consider each application and prioritize those receiving additional funding based on the following criteria:
- Program serves a high number of low-income, disabled or otherwise disadvantaged youth,
- Program serves youth in an outlying area with few summer alternatives for productive activities,
- Program operating hours are extensive throughout the summer (i.e. every week-day all summer),
- Program serves extremely high numbers of youth,
- Program serves an at risk youth population.
The committee may also award additional funding to:
- Organizations that provide a large number of scholarships to their Summer Program,
- Organizations that have a Summer Program that requires no fee,
- Organizations that make good use of available resources and/or collaboration,
- Organizations whose program provides developmental and not just recreational opportunities,
- Organizations that request items to help ensure the safety of program participants.
Grant resources are limited, so we ask that you apply for only what is sincerely needed. This funding is stretched to meet the needs of an enormous number of extremely valuable Summer Programs in Trinity County and we want to provide support to as many programs as possible.
Previous Application for Reference
Grant applications should be mailed to The Trinity Trust c/o Humboldt Area Foundation – 363 Indianola Road, Bayside, CA 95524. If you require further assistance, please contact the HAF Grants Team at email@example.com.
Community Response Grants
The Trinity Trust’s Community Response Grant Program is designed to respond to urgent, unexpected or one-time needs where a small investment can make a lasting difference to our community.
2018 Deadlines: January 9, March 27, July 3, October 23
Grants will be made for projects that do one or more of the following:
- Build ~ collaborative relationships and partnerships
- Integrate ~ youth in ways that build their commitment to community and civic responsibility,
- Engage ~ community members who will benefit in the planning,
- Develop ~ community leadership,
- Leverage ~ matching funding or resources for the organization
- Increase ~ the long-term capacity of an organization to improve or expand their services.