Humboldt Area Foundation has launched the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund to address the immediate and emerging needs of our region's most vulnerable residents—from mitigation to eventual recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. Please share the opportunity to contribute with your networks. We also encourage giving directly to area nonprofits.
The number of people, organizations and businesses affected by the coronavirus in our four county region continues to grow. Many of us are grappling with sudden changes to our everyday lives and in the ways we work.
We, at NorCAN, are working to keep you up-to-date with relevant information and resources on COVID-19. We are actively sharing upcoming webinars and other real-time resources through the NorCAN listserv and our Facebook Page. Check out the following resources to help you navigate your way through this unprecedented time:
2020 Regional Nonprofit State of the Sector Report
The purpose of the 2020 Regional Nonprofit State of the Sector Survey was to gain an understanding of the nonprofit operating environment in relation to funding, advocacy, collaboration, building capacity, operational adaptation and advancing racial equity within the four county region of Curry, Del Norte, Humboldt, and Trinity. This survey provides an opportunity to better understand the diversity of experiences community based organizations are having throughout the region during this difficult time.
The County of Humboldt has expanded their COVID Restart & Recovery grant program to include nonprofits!
The County of Humboldt Small Business Restart & Recovery Grant (SBRR) provides direct aid to local for-profit businesses, nonprofit organizations, and special districts that have suffered financial hardship as a result of COVID-19.
Step 1: View the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for grant guidelines. For Spanish: Aviso de Disponibilidad de Fondos
Find the Restart and Recovery applications below, each provide further information on each grant application:
Restart Grant Application (up to $500)
Recovery Grant Application (up to $12,000)
For FAQs, additional forms and more information visit the County of Humboldt’s Recovery Resources page, here.
Wallace Foundation has created a StrongNonprofits Toolkit to help strengthen nonprofit financial management. Find fiscal information on budgeting, cash flow, audit readiness, governance and strategy and more, here.
- Nonprofit Finance Fund and Propel Nonprofits both have great resources on financial management during the crisis.
- The National Council of Nonprofits features resources on everything from the CARES and Families First Acts to financial management, sector trends during the pandemic, and more. Watch their super informative webinar on the CARES Act, including details about PPP and EIDL loan programs.
NorCAN's webinar on CARES Act and Local Loans for Nonprofits with Patrick Cleary, Humboldt Area Foundation's Director of Community Prosperity and Investments. Slides from the webinar can be found here.
- CalNonprofits has posted a comprehensive list of resources for nonprofits on their website.
- Check out the SBDC's excellent website on information for employers during the pandemic.
PG&E is offering assistance with payment plans. Business customers can use their website, www.pge.com, or:
- Dial 1-800-468-4743 to reach our Business Customer Service Center
- Choose the Billing option
- Press ‘0’ to speak to a service rep (there may be a wait time, a ‘receive a call back’ option is provided)
- Tell Service Rep you are have pandemic related financial hardship and would like to set up a payment plan.
- For additional help, visit their website
Reminder: NO accounts will be shut off for non-payment
Previous Information on PPP Loans:
We are grateful for you and all of our area nonprofits who are striving to meet community needs. You are making a difference!
Let us know what you need from NorCAN, or if you have resources or needs to share with the nonprofit community. Please email Haley Clark at email@example.com or call 707.683.4880. Our staff are fully prepared to continue to serve, support, and connect our members and community partners.
How We Help
Our mission is to support the connection between people and organizations that work everyday to keep our communities healthy and strong. We're here to offer professional development opportunities, Board support, networking connections and more.