||Breaking ground in their new garden are Ferndale Elementary students, a project funded in part by the Robert Lochtie Memorial Fund.
- Discretionary funds give the Foundation’s Board the ability to utilize funds to address the charitable needs of the community as they change over time.
- Field of Interest funds also give the Foundation’s Board discretion but within a geographic area such as Southern Humboldt, or within a field of interest such as the environment or arts & culture.
- Advised funds are those from which awards or grants are made in consultation with the donor or other advisors designated by the donor. For example, you may want your children to serve as “successor advisors” to your fund.
- Designated funds are those from which distributions are made to one or more specific charitable organizations such as a church or synagogue, school or non-profit agency.
- Organizational funds are started by local non-profit agencies, schools and faith-based organizations to support the organization’s mission, help with a capital campaign or fundraise for another special project.
- Scholarship funds are created to assist individuals in continuing their education. Scholarship funds can be advised, field of interest or discretionary.