- Vera Vietor
Vera P. Vietor created Humboldt Area Foundation in 1972 with an initial gift of the family home to be used as the Foundation office and $2.4 million in trust to benefit the community forever. Her vision of a community foundation has enriched the lives of thousands of North Coast residents and is shared by the many donors who have created funds since that time.
If you share Vera’s vision, it is easy to establish your own fund.
Working with a member of our staff and your professional advisor if you choose, you will take these simple steps:
It's that simple.
- Decide what charitable purpose you’d like to support. It can be as specific as designating your favorite non-profit or as general as supporting a variety of worthy causes on the North Coast.
- Select the type of fund that best suits your purpose. Our staff will outline your options and discuss advantages of each.
- Select a name for your fund. You’ll see a variety of examples in the 2008-2009 Donor Yearbook. You may choose to participate as an advisor for the fund, work with a committee, designate an organization or simply ask the HAF Board to use the fund proceeds to address important community challenges as necessary.
- Approve and sign a letter of agreement.
- Make a first gift to establish the fund.