To serve as an independent staging ground for residents, individually and in concert, to build social, economic and environmental prosperity in the Redwood, Trinity and Wild Rivers Region.
In the firm belief that good ideas and the hard work necessary to accomplish those ideas come from all facets of the North Coast community, Humboldt Area Foundation is:
- A local and regional advocate for community giving and a proponent of the value of local capital working for local priorities and the public good.
- A non-partisan and inclusive place for people to come together to define community issues and search for solutions.
- A responsive organization offering a diversity of tools, including grant making, consulting, convening and facilitating, information gathering and disseminating, management training and leadership support, resource development, and endowment building.
- A good partner with other organizations serving the community.
- A trustworthy provider of charitable investment oversight and services to professional advisors and their clients.
- A disciplined organization representing excellence in organizational management, programmatic effectiveness, and financial sustainability.
Statement of Ethics
Humboldt Area Foundation is committed to achieving the highest ethical standards through fairness in policies and procedures, full and objective review of funding requests, open and honest communication, and the strict avoidance of conflict of interest.