Book a Meeting Room
Youth Engaged in Philanthropy, YEP, are a group of students from Fortuna Union High School and Academy of the Redwoods who are interested in bringing positive change to our community through the power of grantmaking. We completed a needs assessment of our peers and community members and we are seeking to fund projects which will address either of the following:
· We need a place to feel safe. Projects that we are interested in funding include but are not limited to sports, or arts.
· We need resources for homeless youth that are under 21 years of age. This includes personal needs such as clothing, food, or advocacy.
Grants are awarded to support community projects in the Eel River Valley. Grant proposals should be submitted by:
1. A nonprofit organization with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
2. A public benefit organizations (public schools, government agencies, Indian Tribal Governments, or
3. A community group with a qualified fiscal sponsor who meets 1 or 2 above.
$6,000 available, a maximum of $1,000 may be awarded to a school to support in-school programs and/or projects.
All applications must be postmarked or delivered by 5pm on March 1, 2017. Grant award notification will occur approximately 6-8 weeks from the deadline. If you have any questions, please contact Cassandra Wagner at (707) 267-9912.
Grants are awarded to support community projects in the Klamath-Trinity area and will support project or programs focused on one or more of the following:
· Peer counseling for youth
· Youth activities outside of school hours
· Healing grief and/or trauma
· Increased emotional intelligence
· Projects that support cultural goals of the community
Grant proposals should be submitted by:
Please note: For organizations applying as 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, the Foundation will verify 501(c)(3) status prior to making awards.
· Organizations with grant reports past due to the Humboldt Area Foundation are not eligible to apply.
· Grants will not be made for the deferred maintenance or annual operating costs of public institutions, churches, and services of special tax districts, government or cemeteries.
· Grants will not pay for expenses that have already been incurred prior to grant award.
All applications must be postmarked or delivered by 5pm by November 30th and May 31st.
Grant award notification will occur approximately 6-8 weeks from the deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact the Humboldt Area Foundation at (707) 442-2993.
The Holiday Funding Partnership grant application deadline has passed for 2016. Applications will become available in early September 2017.
The Holiday Funding Partnership offers small grants of up to $2,000 to assist schools, nonprofits, and faith based organizations with holiday assistance programs offered between November 1 and January 1. The amount funded for your project will be determined by the nature of the project, number of people that will be served, and the amount you have requested. The spirit of this grant is to inspire and support all of the activities you engage in for the purposes of making your holiday program a success. We seek only to enhance what you have already accomplished prior to this award.
Our committee of funding partners and community volunteers will consider each application and prioritize funding based on the following criteria:
Applications must be postmarked or delivered no later than October 7, 2016 to be eligible for consideration. Late applications will not be accepted. Please forward your application to: Holiday Funding Partnership, c/o Humboldt Area Foundation, 363 Indianola Rd., Bayside, CA 95524.
Humboldt Soccer Fund Soccer Development Grants are designed to support Humboldt County soccer professionals (coaches, trainers, referees, and researchers) development, field development and soccer participation scholarships.
Click here to download application.
Chris. S. Hansen created this fund as a testamentary gift to memorialize his family. Grants will be considered to support Christian ministries both local an abroad but emphasis given to local Lutheran activities
Click here to download the application.
Postmark or deliver applications to
Humboldt Area Foundation
Attn: Craig Waldvogel
363 Indianola Rd
Bayside CA 95524
The Arcata Foundation Fund, established in 1987, is dedicated to the enhancement of community life in Arcata and facilitates charitable giving and raises funds to support work in the areas of human services, education of all ages, art, culture, local history, healthful recreation, peace and enhancement of local natural surroundings.
Applications are due on May 15 and December 15.
Click here to download application or visit the Arcata Foundation website
Humboldt Area Foundation is in the process of redesigning the criteria and applications for the following grant rounds:
The new grant criteria and applications will be available in early 2017. Thank you for your patience with this process as we develop effective ways to serve our community.
Please email or call us at (707) 442-2993.
363 Indianola Road, Bayside, CA 95524 (707) 442-2993 M-F 8:30am to 5pm Email Us Enews Sign Up
Northern California Association of Nonprofits
Union Labor Health Foundation
Wild Rivers Community Foundation
Privacy Site Map