Summer Youth Grant Partnership 2017
Application: click here
Due date: April 21, 2017
We are pleased to announce the 2017 Summer Youth Grant Program funded in partnership by Humboldt Area Foundation, McLean Foundation, Patricia D. and William B. Smullin Foundation, and St. Joseph Health Humboldt County. The Summer Youth Funding Partnership is proud to have supported the efforts of organizations that provide safe and meaningful summer programs for the children and youth of our county for over 20 years.
Grants will be awarded to non-profits serving Humboldt County youth for programs offered between June 1 and September 1. Travel outside of Humboldt County for summer activities and summer camps will not be funded.
The average grant awarded will be $500. However, we recognize that some summer programs have special needs, so will consider applications of over $500 in some circumstances. Our committee of funding partners and community volunteers will consider each application and prioritize those receiving additional funding based on the following criteria:
- Program serves a high number of low-income, disabled or otherwise disadvantaged youth,
- Program serves youth in an outlying area with few summer alternatives for productive activities,
- Program operating hours are extensive throughout the summer (i.e. every week-day all summer),
- Program serves extremely high numbers of youth,
- Program serves an at risk youth population.
- Programs that provide camperships / scholarships
- Programs that have multiple funding sources
The committee may also award additional funding to:
- Organizations that provide a large number of scholarships to their Summer Program,
- Organizations that have a Summer Program that requires no fee,
- Organizations that make good use of available resources and/or collaboration,
- Organizations with programs that provide developmental and not just recreational opportunities
- Organizations that request items that help ensure the safety of their program's participants
Grant resources are limited, so we ask that you apply for only what is sincerely needed. This funding is stretched to meet the needs of as many valuable summer programs as possible.
All applications must be hand delivered or postmarked by April 21, 2017. Grants will be announced by May 23, 2017.
If you have any questions regarding either of these programs or our application process, feel free to contact Grants Coordinator Lynn Langdon at (707) 267-9914.