Looking for opportunities to exercise your communication skills and build your marketing portfolio? Interested in being a creative partner in efforts to support and strengthen your community? The Equity Alliance of the North Coast is seeking someone passionate about equity and justice to volunteer with our team. Put your communication skills to work crafting our message and telling our story! The Equity Alliance is an initiative focused on understanding and improving racial and social equity through education, dialogue, and coaching opportunities for organizations and individuals.
Projects vary, but may include promotion for Equity Alliance events—like creating flyers and producing social media posts—and communications support—updating the Equity Alliance website, sending out e-newsletters, and assistance with outreach and marketing documents. Ideal candidates will have a desire to be an engaged creative contributor in addition to assisting with administrative tasks. Volunteer time commitment is 8-12 hours per week, preferably in 3-4 hour blocks.
Location: Bayside, CA
Time Commitment: 8-12 hr/wk
Projects and Tasks
· Promotion for events
o Creating flyers
o Producing social media posts, PSA’s, calendar posts, etc.
· Communications support
o Updating the Equity Alliance website
o Sending out e-newsletters
o Assistance with outreach and marketing documents
· Interest in engaging people and effectively sharing information
· Interest in supporting efforts to promote racial equity
· Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and people from different backgrounds
· Desire to learn new systems and programs
· Experience and comfort using computers
· Ability to maintain professional work standards
· Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with particular attention to detail
· Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive information in accordance with organizational standards
· Creative writing
· Graphic design (familiarity with programs like Adobe Illustrator or similar platforms will be helpful)
· Website management
· Marketing communications
For more information or to apply, contact Emma Stokes
We will begin reviewing applications on June 9th, 2017.